Friday, January 1, 2010

We're a Family

Tonight I experienced what a true family is! I did something tonight that I've never experienced. My parents and siblings never sat around a table and played cards together. That is so sad. I guess that's why I never gave board games a chance. Because I never had a chance to be a part of a real family...until now.

Eventhough I like to cause drama and I talk the talk; that doesn't mean I walk the walk. I have spent years pushing people away and trying to make people see what I want them to. What is it exactly that I want them to see? Do I want them to see the pain that I bare from my childhood? Do I want them to see the strong woman I have become through all I have endured? No, I want them to see the woman God has made me to be. I am a strong (yet obediant) woman of Christ that values her independence but seeks shelter in the rain. I secretly don't want to let people in because I'm afraid of what they'll think of me. But I also want to share my story and let the world know the woman God has made me to be.

Whatever path I choose to take in this emotional rollercoaster of life. I hope the people God has placed in my life forgive the pain I have caused them and move onto the funny, independent, classy, wife & mother that I so deeply love being.

~All of this is for YOU!~

~Jessy

No comments:

Post a Comment